Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Hurt Locker

7 out of 10. The Hurt Locker was an interesting take on the war in Iraq through the eyes of a bomb disposal unit. However I don't think it deserved the oscar for best picture. I of course believed that honor belonged to Avatar. The Hurt Locker was also more graphic than I expected with a scene involving a boy bomb and the language(almost every other word was a swear). I can see why alot of critics had this on thier top 10 lists for last year but it wouldn't be on mine. That being said I am giving this movie a 7 because I enjoyed seeing war through a different perspective so if you like war movies but am sick of the same old constant battle scenes than check out The Hurt Locker.

1 comment:

  1. This does not sound like a movie I would like very much. I have finally seen AVATAR, and I have to say that I did not like it. Yes the effects were lovely and amazing, but I thought the plot was cliche and overly simplistic. I loved the happy ending, though!

    ReplyDelete